Evaluating Truthfulness for: HR Directors
PHR, SPHR, and GPHR Approved
Save your company time and money by hiring the right person for each job. In this course, Susan Constantine, an expert in deception detection, shows you how to discover the truth behind the resume. Does the resume look too good to be true? Constantine shows you how to tactfully ferret out the embellishments and fabrications. Learn how to interpret speech, body language, facial expressions, and voice patterns, and recognize when someone deviates from their normal behavior in an attempt to deceive you. Constantine teaches you skills that work in face-to-face interviews and in pre-screening candidates by telephone.
These deception detection skills have been successfully employed by thousands of recruiters, law enforcement agents, polygraph examiners, and psychologists.
You will practice interview techniques that:
- Elicit honest answers;
- Identify motives for lying, and/or concealed information;
- Recognize truthful, and false communication in words and voice;
- Identify the 12 verbal deceptive rhetorical devices in an interview;
- Learn verbal and non-verbal behavior attributed to deceptive people to establish which questions need further clarification;
- Identify two expressions that indicate when an interviewee is about to discuss crucial information